Nebraska Department of Transportation Makes Final Decision on Adams Central and Highway 6 Intersection

HASTINGS – The Nebraska Department of Transportation has made a final decision on the intersection of Highway 6 and Adams Central Avenue.

After taking public comments and assessing the situation they have decided to install a roundabout at the intersection.

Shawn Scott, the Superintendent of Adams Central Public Schools, says this has been an enjoyable and productive process.

They did hold a public meeting, 78 people responded to comments. And what was favored there was a roundabout because of improved safety and reduce the congestion at that intersection. I do appreciate the process that the Nebraska Department of Transportation went through all this. And the whole point of all the public entities working together. I mean, it was great working with Adams County and the Nebraska Department of Transportation on looking at what the right solution is.

The project is estimated to cost $3.3 million and about 60 percent of it will be funded by the state, while the other 40 percent will be funded by Adams County and the Adams Central School District.

The local funding participation on this project will accelerate the timeline for it to be completed. Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2020 and will be completed in the fall of the same year.

Share this Story: